Dr. Lauren Williams
Dr. Williams is a board-certified adult psychiatrist who focuses on integrative approaches for managing psychiatric disorders and preventive measures to improve and impact health overall. Dr. Williams is inquisitive, methodical, and unwavering in her pursuit to help those around her.
She was initially drawn to integrative medicine when disillusioned about how health care can often center on profiting off disease instead of truly focusing on preventing it improving patients’ lives.
Dr. Williams is incredibly analytical in finding solutions to help patients improve their lives. Before becoming a physician, Dr. Williams worked as a calculus teacher with Teach for America in high-risk schools. She then worked in the technology sector as an analyst for The Advisory Board.
Dr. Williams is a board-certified adult psychiatrist who has training in integrative medicine and herbal medicine. Dr. Williams also has a fellowship in Public Psychiatry and completed the REACH fellowship at Yale University. Both fellowships focus on providing psychiatric care for marginalized groups. Besides integrative psychiatry, Dr. Williams’ psychiatric interests include biohacking, anti-aging, marital therapy, women’s mental health. She has worked in many acute psychiatric settings performing ketamine infusions and electroconvulsive therapy. She is well versed in psychodynamic therapy and short-term therapies such as EMDR. Dr. Williams is consistently looking to learn more and will be completing further training in integrative medicine this year.
- Case Western Reserve University Hospitals, Public Psychiatry Fellowship
- Yale School of Medicine, REACH Fellowship
- Case Western Reserve University Department of Psychiatry, Residency
- University Hospitals- CMC, Internship
- University of Texas Medical Branch- Doctor of Medicine
- The University of Texas at Austin- Bachelor of Science, Dean’s Scholar in Human Development & Family Sciences
- The University of Texas at Austin- Bachelor of Arts, Plan II Honors
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Adult Psychiatry
Member, American Psychiatric Association